Basic policy for the handling of personal information
We have set forth provisions to regulate how we handle the personal information of our customers (information on an individual that may be used to identify the individual) and have established an organizational system to protect personal information appropriately at all times.
We may sometimes ask you for information in order to provide you with better services. If we need to collect personal information from you, we do so only to the extent required and only after clearly informing you of the purpose and scope of our use of the information and contact details for our customer service desk.
- We use your personal information within the scope of our purpose for collecting the information, designate a person in charge of managing personal information, enforce a system for protecting personal information, manage personal information appropriately, and never provide or disclose the information to third party parties than those companies you approve (unless special circumstances require us to do otherwise).
- If we outsource the handling of personal information, we require the outsourcer by contract to manage the personal information appropriately and to never leak or refurnish the information.
- If you wish to review or modify any of your personal information we have collected, please contact our customer service desk. We will promptly respond to all reasonable requests for personal information.
- We comply with laws and regulations applicable to the personal information we own and educate our employees on personal informa tion protection in order to thoroughly inform them of our policies and raise their awareness.
- We evaluate and review our basic policies and personal information protection system on a regular basis in order to maintain and improve the efforts and protection activities described above.
- We are not liable for protecting any personal information on commercial or personal websites linked to our website.
When do we need your personal information:
- When you stay with us
If you stay at any of the hotels we run, we ask you to register the following information according to the conditions for stay:
- Name, age, sex, postal address, and occupation of each guest
- Nationality, passport No., city of arrival, and day/month/year of arrival for guests from overseas
- Date and scheduled time for checkout
- Other information deemed necessary by our hotel
We ask you for information in order to provide you with the accommodation services of our hotels and to comply with provisions set forth in laws, regulations and the conditions for stay. We will never use your personal information for any other purpose.
If you wish to have a wedding ceremony or reception party with us, we will ask you to fill in an application form for the wedding or reception. We might also ask the participants in the event to fill in a questionnaire. The personal information you provide will be used for arranging and organizing the wedding or reception.
We will send a notice for our events to customers who agree to be contacted.
We will ask you for your name, postal address, and telephone number if you purchase a bottle of spirits from our restaurant or bar. With this information, we can keep the bottle on hand for your next visit.
This personal information will be used for confirming your reservations or managing your bottle. It will not be used for any other purpose.
We will ask you to register personal information in our database when you seek to do any of the following on this website.
The information you register will be used to provide you with useful services.
- To book a room in a hotel
- To reserve a table at a restaurant
- To request a brochure and make inquiries
- To answer a questionnaire
- Other (If we ask for personal information for the performance of services other than the above, we will clarify our purpose, the details of the services, and how your personal information will be handled.)
Purposes of use
The main purposes are to organize reservations for accommodations and restaurants, send brochures, and answer inquiries. We will also send e-mails to announce events or accommodation plans we offer, but only to customers who have agreed to receive these messages or have applied to receive e-mail newsletters.
Disclosing personal information
If you wish to review any personal information we have on hand that can be used identify you, we will disclose the information to you by the following procedure:
- We ask you for your disclosure request in writing.
- We ask that you to attach your ID to the disclosure request (e.g., a copy of your health insurance card or driver’s license).
- We inform you in writing of the details, including the existence or non-existence of personal data we keep on hand.
Revising, adding and deleting
If you send us a written request for additions to or deletions of your personal data, we will accept your request in writing, check your ID (e.g., a copy of your health insurance card or driver’s license), and take prompt action.
Contact details for personal information protection
|Personal Information Division, NIPPON HOTEL Co., Ltd.|
|Reception time||9:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (except for Saturdays, Sundays and holidays)|
|Address||1-6-1, Nishi-Ikebukuro, Toshima-ward, Tokyo, 171-8505, Japan|